Why 24 Hour Postural Management?
Children who have difficulty moving and who are unable to sit, stand or walk by themselves are at risk of developing complications of the hips and of the spine, which if left unchecked can lead to pain, structural changes, breathing and digestive difficulties and the possible need for surgery.
Positioning equipment compliments therapy treatment regimes by continuing correct biomechanical feedback during day and night. Postural management equipment also enables children to join in activities, gives them a stable base of support to work from, better positions to rest in and enhances their physical abilities, and, therefore, their overall quality of life.
Benefits of 24 Hour Postural Management
Positioning and treatment in lying, sitting and standing is designed to:
- Improve functional ability.
- Promote the development of normal movement patterns.
- Encourage active movement maintain muscle length.
- Maintain proper skeletal alignment.
- Reduce the progression of deformity.
- Reduce fatigue.
- Manage pressure.
- Enhance autonomic nervous system functions such as breathing, swallowing, digestion and cardiac function.